- Which are the main types of Holdem?
There are two main types of Holdem poker:
– No Limit Texas Holdem: when you have no betting limits;
– Pot Limit Texas Holdem: when you can bet any amount you desire, but the bet must to be up to the pot value.
- What does checking mean?
This action gives you the possibility to pass betting to the next player and keep your cards.
- What does calling mean?
Calling basically means betting the same amount that has been put in by another player.
- What does raising mean?
To raise means betting an amount which is higher than the previous bets that have already been placed.
- What does folding mean?
When you choose this action it means you are trowing your hand away.
- What’s the dealer button?
The dealer button will establish which player is the game dealer. The player that sits in the left position next to the button will place the small blind before starting the game.
- What does “burnt card” mean?
This is the card dealt with its face down before starting a game and the rest of the cards are dealt. This card will not be used.
- What is a flush draw?
Flush draw is when you have a chance to make a flush after the flop or the turn.
- What is the best hand to start with in Holdem?
Since the Ace is the most valuable card, the best hand would consist of two Aces.
- What is the worse hand to start with?
Seven and Deuce of different suits; with this combination you have the lowest winning chances.
- What is the best position in Holdem?
That would be the button – it gives the player the advantage of being the last one to bet. This gives you the chance to analyze the other players’ moves.
- What happens if two players have a straight?
The player with the higher straight wins